Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reply-to Remote Dynamic Queue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimMusschoot

Programmer
Feb 3, 2003
BE
Hello,
I have an MQ problem and cannot find the solution. I hope someone can help...

I have a server A that writes to a queue calles Q_REPLIES on a server B. This queue is defined by a remote queue definition on server A. The reply-to queue for the messages is set to Q_INBOUND_000, which is a dynamic queue based on a modal queue Q_MODAL. At server B, I have a listener application that waits until a message arrives in Q_REPLIES. When a message arrives, it is processed, and the reply must be send to the reply-to queue of the message (the dynamic queue on server A). When I try to connect to the local QMGR on server B, and open the queue Q_INBOUND_000, I get the "Object not found" error. So, server B cannot find this dynamic queue on server A. How can I solve this ? Example code, hints, etc are very welcome !
The channel from server A to B is called CHTEST, the channel from B to A is called CHTEST_REPLY (2 channels, they work). Messages from server A do get in queue Q_REPLIES on server B, but I cannot senda reply back to server A. Using a remote queue definition on server B, of the dynamic queue on server A, is not an option.
Is there another option ?

Thx in advance !!
Tim

When you set up the MQOD before doing the MQOPEN, you need to set the following fields:
- ObjectQMgrName needs to be the same as the ReplyToQmgr from the incoming message descriptor.
- ObjectName needs to be the same as the ReplyToQ from the incoming message descriptor.

John in snowy Minnesota

YOU COULD TRY USING ALIAS QUEUES TO DIVERT THE MESSAGE BETWEEN REMOTE SYSTEMS;

I fixed the problem withe the solution JohnMN suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back