Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reply to catch all address

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascotta

Vendor
Sep 15, 2003
AU
I am moving to Exchange.

Our exisitng e-mails can be sent my many people with the reply address of somthing@ourplace.com.

One member of staff recieves these reply e-mails and redirects depending on what its about.

How can I achieve this with Exchange goven its penchant for using the senders address.

I have not been able to figure it out. It is going to be a show stopper if I cannot fathom it out.

I may be being extremly dumb too, but bear with me.

Can this be done ?

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Isn't this something that can be done with delegates?

We have a group userid and mailbox, call it group@ourdomain.com. (Normal users aren't allowed to log into group userid, only an administrator that sets the delegates).

Each member of the organization that needs to read/reply to the messages is a full-permission delegate for group.
When they send email from outlook, they "send on behalf of" group@ourdomain.com.

I believe replies come back to group@ourdomain.com.

Thanks
-_Rick

I get the drift of that. However I am not sure how you set this in outlook.

I want it automatically so that every e-mail certain users send is sent from )your example) group@domain.com .

i.e. the users dont have to do anything.

Cheers
Scott

Not sure how to make it happen automatically. Everyone here adds the "from" address manually. I'm way behind on my training, perhaps this will come up when I finally get formal training on the details.
Sorry I can't be more helpful.

-_Rick

[wink] yes perhaps it will.

Reason it has to be automatic is that every e-mail incoming has to be filed against a job. There fore we have someone to do that. I am talkibg about 40 or 50 e-mails a day going out. That means 40 or 50 filling in the from details.

Thanks for your thoughts they are appreciated.

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back