Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reply by calling feature 88

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttcsbarry

Vendor
Sep 9, 2003
US
I am having an issue with the Reply by Calling feature (Pressing 88 after listening to a message). No matter what subscriber sends the message to whatever mailbox, reviewing the message and pressing 88 always returns the caller to the same digit combination, even though Octel says " Transferring to John Smith". We have 10 digit dial plan on PBX and 10 digit mailboxes. We only have subscribers in the 630623xxxx range. The Reply by Calling feature always returns the call to 6306231630 (which is a mailbox that is now always full). CDR shows the following:

**** 10 MAY 13 07:32:46PM
CALLER:(CALLER ID)
Port: 2K ID:

***** 10 MAY 13 07:32:46PM
TNE:(TREES, NORMAL ENTRY)
Port: 2K CallType: 3 Caller: Callee: 6306231630

***** 10 MAY 13 07:32:46PM
SMS:(SESSION MODE SET)
Port: 2K Mode: 1 Box: 6306231630
AppID: 0

Any suggestions as to what needs to change in the configuration?

What type of integration are you using. The 6306231630 number is comming from the incoming call message, it is probably the main number of the voicemail system. Unless you get caller ID with the called/calling numbers the press 88 will not work.

What software level are you at ? i seem to recal a issue with 10 digit dialing but will need to look it up

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Here's what I did to fix this:

Menu 5-1

Use Area Code Restriction Table Lookup for ECP Transfers (Y/N): [highlight #FCE94F]Y[/highlight]

Menu 5-2

Menu 5 - Outcalling Parameters BEETHOVEN
- Area Code Restriction Table -
Area Code: [highlight #FCE94F]630[/highlight]

Restriction Table Active: [highlight #FCE94F]Y[/highlight] A(llow)/B(lock) Prefix Leading Digits in Table: [highlight #FCE94F]A[/highlight]
[highlight #FCE94F]623[/highlight]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back