Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replicationg SQL 2000 databases to a SQL 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaylou

Programmer
Feb 17, 2005
US
Hi All,
I am having some memory issues and SSL issues with my SQL 2000 box. I had SQL 2005 installed on this box, I uninstalled it when I had a crash of my production server. I installed SQL 2000 on this box and moved everything over. Everything including my replication was working fine then all of a suddend we were not able to connect due to SSL issues, then we started getting Out of memory issues. in my research I have found a hot fix for SQL 2000, and I installed it. the fix was for the memory issue in SQL 2000 but I dont think it will completely cure my server. Everything I read also said SQL2005 SP1 fixes these issues.

Now for the question if your all still with me :)
I have my 20 locations running SQL 2000 and I would like to upgrade my main server to SQL 2005. Are there any known issues doing this? My publisher and Subcscribers wil be coming from this SQL2005 machine.

TIA,
Joe

If you install SQL Server 2005 SP1 on a system running SQL Server 2000 any DTS packages may no longer work, especially if they use FTP. We have been having this problem and apparently SP2 (which isn't out yet) resolves the issue. So, now I can't open any DTS packages on my computer...I have to remote into the SQL Server system itself and do the work there. (Uninstalling SP1 didn't resolve the issue either).

-SQLBill

Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Thank you.

I know about DTS not working. we do not use DTS here I am using merge replication.

Thanks again,
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back