Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

replication with 200GB database

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwardsbill95

Technical User
Jun 5, 2008
I’ve recently taken on a SQL Server related assignment with a client running a very large database in a very poor environment.

We have a 200GB database with virtually no failover support. I’m interested in transactional replication, hardware redundancy, failover support and find that before moving forward on that we probably need to seriously re-evaluate our whole logical and physical design. My experience is more on the TSQL side rather than full dba hardware, optimization, tuning areas. Any suggestions for quickly ramping up my skills on the dba side (books, courses, etc.) and also recommendations for short term support resources would be appreciated. I’m want to make sure I cover all my bases with regard to future scalability, disaster recovery, high availability etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back