Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replication problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpmoore

Technical User
Apr 5, 2001
US
I am trying to sychronize with my replicas and I am getting the error, "Could not update, currently locked." I have closed all the databases, could there be a problem with security? Any ideas would be helpful.

Recently, this exact same problem happened to one of my databases. I got that error message even though no one else was using the program at the time. The only way I found to work around this was to (make sure no one is using it while you are doing this)create a new database & import all of the data tables, queries, etc. into it. I then double checked all the information in the new one, re-created a replica set and deleted the old ones. For an unknown reason, I have noticed a couple of the db's that have been in use for a long period of time or are a converted version of an original have similar problems - by making a new "clean" copy these problems are left behind. Also, make sure as you change replicas or locations of these files, that you keep the replica list clear of old listings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back