Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replication Not Replicating

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokerjones

Programmer
Sep 9, 2011
CA
I have a simple replication set up for one table in a database.It's set up as a pull subscription running continuously. Looking at the All Subscriptions tab in Replication Monitor I can see it running. When I insert something into the table on the publication side I can see the transaction being picked up in Replication Monitor under the Agents tab. But it's not replicating the transaction in the subscription database.
Under the All Subscriptions tab I double click on my subscription. Under Action Message is says "The concurrent snapshot for Db is not available because it has not been fully generated or the Log Reader Agent is not running to activate it". I can see the Log Reader Agent running though.
I don't know where to go from here. Running SQL Server 2008 R2.
Thanks

Have you run the snapshot agent yet? You probably just need to start the snapshot agent and wait while it runs then pushes the snapshot to the subscriber.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2008 BI / MWSS 3.0: Configuration / MOSS 2007: Configuration)
MCITP (SQL 2005 DBA / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2005 DBD / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 BI)
MCM (SQL 2008)
MVP

My Site

Thanks for your reply. Yes the snapshot agent is running. I restarted it and reinitialized the subscription several times. When I insert a row into my table, I can see in replication monitor the transaction being picked up by the Log Reader Agent but it's not being replicated. The funny/frustrating thing is that I've had this working before. Are there any tsql commands I can give to clear out or restart replication monitor so it forgets everything past?

Thanks

I made it work by first disabling and re-enabling publishing. From what I read this clears everything out. I created a shared folder for the snapshot which can be accessed using a unc path. Re-created the publication and subscription.

I re-created the publication and subscription I don't know how many times but what seemed to make it work is disabling and re-enabling publishing and creating a shared folder for the snapshot.

Sounds like something was stuck or misconfigured on the distributor. Replication is picky to say the least.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2008 BI / MWSS 3.0: Configuration / MOSS 2007: Configuration)
MCITP (SQL 2005 DBA / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2005 DBD / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 BI)
MCM (SQL 2008)
MVP

My Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back