Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replication Monitor 2005 and 2008 – Publishers Missing or Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2009
US
I have SQL Server Management Studio 2005 (9.0.4035) and 2008 (10.0.2531) installed on my computer (Windows XP). Today when I opened the replication monitor in SSMS 2005 connecting to a SQL 2005 server, all of my publishers (SQL 2005) were either missing or had a red X on the name. I re-added the publishers (SQL 2005) and closed replication monitor. I then opened replication monitor in SSMS 2008 connecting to one of the SQL 2008 servers and the 2008 Publisher was listed and appeared to be fine. I closed that replication monitor and went back to the SQL 2005 replication monitor. All of my Publishers now have red X’s on them. I closed it and went back to 2008. The 2008 Publisher now has a red X on it. What is going on and how do I fix it? Help is much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back