Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replication: FileMaker to SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2008
US
Hello all,

My company uses MS SQL Server 2005 and FileMaker Pro 6. I'm developing an application that needs to access FileMaker data, but it needs to get it from a SQL Server table. So, I need to be able to automatically replicate the data from a table in FileMaker to a matching table in SQL Server. Is there a way to do this? The 2 tables need to be kept in sync, so I can't just set up an export to run every night. I know there's a replication feature in SQL Server, but I'm not sure if I can use that feature with a FileMaker database.

Any help would be appreciated! I've been looking on the web but haven't found much helpful information.

Correction: FileMaker Pro 6 is what the client machines use. FileMaker Server 5.5 is where all the data is stored.

The scenario you describe would require that Filemaker be a publisher in the replication schema. I don't believe this is possible without a third party solution.

Phil H.
Some Bank
-----------
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Found out we have FMConnector, and we can use that along with FileMaker's web companion to replicate data to SQL Server. Not sure about the inner workings, but it does work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back