Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replication Distributed Repositories

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsavy

Technical User
Nov 6, 2003
CH
Hello All

Do you know where can I find informations/logs about replication. there is only one file 'replication.log', but it is just telling us replication succeed or failed nothing more.

Since few days, some site always failed, I don't understand why. When I'm doing a manual replication, the result is "replication partially done".

Any information is welcome

I can't find the log you're talking about but would suggest that you've entered the wrong password in for the repository in question.

If you not sure which repository it is, manually run the replication, one repository at a time. In ePO 3, the replicate now manual task allows you to select the repository to replicate.

You can always replicate all when you know there's somethinng in the master and see which repository doesn't get it.

Just thought a new route you may take...

Turn on object access auditing on a problem/test box. Turn auditing on for success/failure for the replication directory. Begin replication and look for failed object access. This may tell you if it is access related or if it touches the directory at all. Check the security log for clues. As always YMMV and use test box first :)

Ok replication has succeed last night without anychange. I guess it was a WAN issue

[bfralia]
the log I was talking about is under

C:\Program Files\Network Associates\ePO\3.0.1\replication.log

Thanks for your answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back