Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replication Conflicts

Status
Not open for further replies.

chad4828

IS-IT--Management
Jul 8, 2003
US
I have a database (Banking+.mdb) on my Main Server and a replicate on our Branch Server. The reason I do replicates is that between the branch and the main bank there is a full T1 line however I can only have 8 Channels for all data which translates into about 448Kbps.

When I replicate at night almost every morning there are Replication Conflicts that I must fix. Any way around this. I want to get away from replicating but I'm unsure due to the limited bandwidth between the main and branch locations. When the database is compacted it's about 7MB's. But a lot of data goes across our T1 not just the database.

Also Currently I'm having problems with multiple users and locked records. Sometimes a record will lock for no apparent reason. It gives me the computer name of person who has it locked and I close the database down on their computer then it works fine. I'm afraid if I have one central database for both locations this will happen more frequently.

The End

chad4828

Also, is there a pattern to the replication errors? i.e. A table with a lot of transactions. Would a design change help?

I assume that if you are using autonumbers, either yourself or the replcation wizard switch this from serial to rndom...

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back