Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

replication between two domains in w2k 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

elquiff

Technical User
Mar 5, 2003
GB
Can anyone help please.

I have two separate offices that each have a wk2 server DC. The sites are linked and I am able to ping each of them by both IP address and name.A trust relationship exist between the two.

Do I need to create a site in each (sites and services) for replication to take place.

Thanks inadvance for any replies

elquiff,

Did you ever get this to work, I am running into the same situation but I have 5 sites to link up. I've been working on this in my test lab but I can't seem to get this to work.

david e
*end users are just like computers, some you can work with...others just need a simple reBOOTing to fix their problems.*

Are the two domains in the same forest? If not, they will not replicate.

Thanks mlichstein for confiming that for me. There are two forests, so replication is not an option

I have created the trust relationship and users are able to authenticate in both domains, access shared folders, print etc.

To be honest this is as far as I need to take it at present.

My initial problems seem to around dns once the secondary forward lookup zones were created this seemed to clear up some of the problems. I have since added another site in separate forest and this is working aswell.

Thanks for the replies

^^
Yep when you create a trust between to forests, you need to create a secondary DNS zone for each domain.

So domainA should have a secondary copy of zone domainB, and domainB should have a secondary copy of zone domainA.

But it sounds like you got that all working nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back