Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

replicating SQL 2005 database on SQL 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

btacy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 2, 2007
GB
hi,
i'm trying to replicate a database that presently exists on SQL 2005 on to an SQL 2000 database.

any ideas how i can get that done?

i tried to use the generate script option in 2k5, but keep getting this error.

------------------------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Script failed for Server 'LINAR'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

Property TextHeader is not available for StoredProcedure '[ANDR2].[spac_trace]'. This property may not exist for this object, or may not be retrievable due to insufficient access rights. The text is encrypted. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

i tried to play around the properties, by granting control of it to the dbo ...
but i still get the error.

I don't believe you can do that for the same reason you can't restore a 2005 database onto SS 2000. There are too many differences. You MIGHT be able to do it if you set the compatibility level on the SS2005 database to 80 (SS2000).

-SQLBill

The following is part of my signature block and is only intended to be informational.
Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

You can replicate from one server to another. The problem here appears to be that the stored procedure that you are trying to replicate is encrypted. Either remove the procedure from the replication artile list, or recreate the procedure without the encryption switch.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back