Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

replicating a project 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghardenb

Programmer
Oct 24, 2004
US
I want to create a second version of a project using the existing forms in the new version and making changes to them suitable to the new project.

When I copy all the forms to a new folder VB insists on looking back to the original project folder when saving forms. I changed the form locations in the new project folder's .vbp file but didn't get away with it. :)corrupt file").

How do I do this?

It may help you to know that vbp, frm, bas, etc files are just text files, so you can open them in Notepad - if you want to. Check if there is any mention of the original location, and if so - change it to what you want.

Have fun.

---- Andy

It sounds to me as if you may be starting the vb6 IDE empty and then using Open Project from the file menu. If that is the case you should try double clicking the project's vbp file in Explorer to Open it.

If you do the latter you should be able to copy the 'current Project' folder to 'copy of current Project' using Explorer and carry on with either copy independently as you like.

Study of a vbp file in notepad shows it uses relative paths to its components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back