Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replicate Public folders from Ex2000 to Ex2003 server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2001
US
My public folders won't replicate!! grrrr...

I have added the new server as an available public store on all my public folders on the 'old' server, and propagated the folder settings for all subfolders, but the @#%$% things won't show up on the new server.

I do not have a SMART host configured, so that's not it. If I click "Details" on the Replication tab for any folder, the new server public store shows as "Local Modified", so it thinks it's replicating, but nothing is actually getting there. What am I doing wrong?!? ACK!

Andi

Hi Andi,

I have seen several messages with the *exact* same problem, and I am now experiencing it as well....unfortunately, I have yet to find answers. Did you ever get this situation resolved??

Thanks for any advice you may be able to offer....

M

Martijn Middelplaats
CCDA, CCNA, MCSA, MCSE
martijn at middelplaats dot net

I actually called Microsoft tech support on this issue, and they were absolutely no help whatsoever. My co-worker actually stumbled across the solution... check the permissions on the public folders. In our case, the "Everyone" group had no permissions to any of the public folders. No rights were explicitly denied to "everyone", but none were granted either (i.e. no boxes were checked). Once we granted "everyone" full control, they replicated immediately.

In my Exch2k3 situation, I have some subfolders of a PF that don't want to replicate to another server. It sits in the "local modified" state.

I've granted permissions to the person but the PF itself doesn't replicate. I did the push method of replication, btw.

Any advice? thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back