Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replicate & Syncronization Process Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistereli

Technical User
Jan 13, 2003
US
I’m a first timer at the Replicate Process, so please bare with my goofy questions….
Here is my situation – I have 3 handhelds which will be used to collect data. I will have 1 replicated database with two related tables that will be populated by using two forms.

1.When I go to sync the 3 replicas from the 2 handhelds, do I sync Rep1 to Rep2 to Rep3, then finally sync Rep3 to the Design Master or just sync each Replica to the Design Master?
2.At what point should I run the ‘Compact and Repair Database’? Run it on each Replica before syncing to the Design Master? And then again, finally on the Design Master itself?
3.In the first syncronization dialog box, if I am in (Access) ReplicateNo1, do I want to sync directly with: C:\……. DesignMaster.mdb or C:\…..ReplicaofNo1.mdb?
4.My tables are very large, so processing time on the handhelds are long, are there any tips anyone can give me to speed things up, maybe by changing something?
5.Is there a limit as to how many records Access will recognize/accept?
6.Are there any problems anyone foresees me having in utilizing the method that I have chosen?

Many many thanks in advance for your help, experience and wisdom, anyone can shine upon me.

Given the time since you posted this question, I suspect you may already have an answer. To successfully synchronize all data, I recommend the following procedure for your replication.

Keep in mind that Access can only synchronize one database at a time.
1 - DM
2 - DM
3 - DM
4 - DM
1 - DM
2 - DM
3 - DM
4 - DM

Data latency is minimized with this procedure. Good luck.
SATHandle

Don't beat your head against the wall unless you know how to plaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back