Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replicate a web application with QTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

susmita410

Technical User
May 31, 2008
US
I have a web application which will interact with the third party web application. The third party web application will send data to my application in an xml format. The application is java based web application , developed with web services. Now the QTP tool should behave as a third party web application and it should generate and transmit an xml file to my web application. Can someone please help me out in this. If I have the wsdl file of third party web application, will it help me. If so can you please tell me how can I do this. Susmita svadlamudi@atxg.com

You're not very clear on what you are trying to achieve here.

It sounds like you want to use QTP to generate an XML file and pass it into your application, effectively taking the place of the third party application?

If this is the case, you need to decide if you want QTP to build the XML file, or just take existing files before passing them into your app?

What have you tried to do to resolve this?

Keep in mind you may have to use QTP to automate the generation and sending of the XML file, which it will do by automating the third party application you are talking about replacing?

Need more information to be able to help.

Cheers,
Dave

"Yes, I'll stop finding bugs in the software - as soon as you stop writing bugs into the software." <-- Me

For all your testing needs: Forum1393

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back