Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replica and Design Master advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

croiva25

Technical User
Dec 3, 2003
AU
Hello all,

I have a db to convert from Access 97 to 2003 format, however the db is a replica and gives me an error that "Local forms,reports,macros and modules in this replica will not be converted"

I have done some research but I am still not sure on some things since I have never done this before so I will as a couple of questions.

1.If I was to get Design Replica what would I have to do then, is that like an original db?

2.How do I know if a replica contains partial replicas and what do I do in that case?

3.Other suggestion I found was to get all the replica sets and synchronize them before conveting them, does that mean If I do that, that I can use them in 2003 Access no probs?

Would somebody give me some kind of rule to follow in order to make all of this easier?

I hope somebody can help me with this please?

thanks

Forgive my memory loss....

The best case is to get your hands on the 'Design Master'. If that is impossible, then you will need to take the 'best' replica and convert it back to a 'design master'. Let's say you have five replicas floating around, then you should get the other four and perform a synch with each of those to insure you have all of the changes.

Withour reading, I can't remember if you can have a replica that is a subset of forms, etc. The real question is if you have five replicas and the sum of objects doesn't add up to the original design master, then *who cares* because obviously none of the replicas required that object to function.

Hope this helps.
Wayne

Code: Where the vision is often rudely introduced to reality!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back