Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replciation Error: Subscription "expired" and does not exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

eichmat

MIS
Oct 24, 2002
US
Getting the above error setting up a subscription using transactional replcation. Both servers are SQL-2k boxes in different domains.

Topology:
Srv-A (Publisher: SQL-2K [no SP])
Srv-B (Dist/Sub : SQL-2K [SP2])

Trusted connections have been established between the domains. I am able to enable replciation on Srv-A with Srv-B as the distirbutor. I can create a publication no problem. I've tried both PULL and PUSH subscriptions with different issues, but same net effect:

PUSH:
1) At the end of the "Create Subscription" wizard, the "completed" window reports that Srv-A didn't have permission to start SQLSERVERAGENT on Srv-B. I cannot figure out what security option is not set right to fix that.

2) Most likely related: the Distribution Agent reports "Subscription expired..." message whenever manually started. The Snapshot agent runs fine and dumps the snapshot in the UNC path fine...

PULL:
1) Subscription creates fine.
2) Distribution Agent continuously reports "Never Started", but viewing the Job History shows that the same error as above is logged...

So--any ideas? Thanks

-Tim

Got exactly the same issue - was it ever resolved??????

----------------------------------------
There are 2 types of computer, the prototype and the obsolete!!

Only once the Srv-B was replaced with a new machine after a hardware failure... Never knew the root cause of the problem.

Ah!! sounds strange, but you might have hit something. One of the servers has been acting strange - DTS seemed to have been playing problems.

Cheers

Dan

----------------------------------------
There are 2 types of computer, the prototype and the obsolete!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back