Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing TSQL stored Procedure by Command Object

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystalboy1

Programmer
Sep 4, 2007
GB
hi there,

I recently worte a few new very complecated and long reports for a new client. these reports were written on the test instance of the database. after the UAT i ask them should i map them to live database. they said no Need of it as when we publish reports in there system, the system automaticlly take control of the database settings and which ever system u run the report from it works fine ...
means

report is mapped to test and placed in a folder.
published that report in the LIVE application as well as test version of the application.(remember same report)
according to them it will run from test and live database accordinly.

But not in my case, my reports were running from test, as they were mapped to test. after checking there existing reports all of reports call the Stored procedure from commad objects ... eg

Exec Procedurename parameters

now for me, i want to replace the direct stored procedure in the report with one called from the command object.
i dont wana loose all the grouping, all the fields as i got almost 70 or more summires and 5 groups in each report. and alot more....

can someone explain me how i will replace an existing stored proceudre with a command object...

Is the procedure on the Live system. If it is then your command should be able to call the Live version of the sp

If you replace a command object directly with an SP you will lose all your fields on the report.

Ian

yes Ian, the Stored Procedure is in the Live system. remember i want to replace a OLEDB(Ado) link Stored Procedure by a Command Object and my Aim is not to loose all the fields on the report ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back