Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing server in Networker 7.4 SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wettek

MIS
Mar 16, 2012
US
I had a server (server5), which I renamed (netbios name) to server5old. I then stood-up a new server with the same name and IP address. When I try to setup Networker on the new server, I receive the following error:

"Client server5.domain.com is not able to configure in the selected Networker server.
The error number is: 15
The error is: Client name server5.domain.com is already and alias for client server5"

How do I fix this so I can add my new server5?

Thanks.

To rename a client in Networker do the following :
obtain the client-id of your old client for example using nsradmin:

nsradmin> . type: nsr client;name: server5
show client id
print

Then you will see the client id.
If you are using the nmc, select your client object and go to the register "Globals (1 of 2). The first attribute is the client id.
Its a good idea to "cut and paste" this client id.

Now delete your old clientobjekt server5 and recreate it under the name Server5old. Before you commit the creation of the new client select the register "Global (1 of 2) and fill in the client id of the old client object.
Networker asks you if you are willing to rename the client object, and you have to reapply the "OK" button.

Now you can create a new Clientobject for your new Server5.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back