Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing remsh with ssd 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2005
US
One of the members of the application development group here currently has a job that runs periodically where the first step is to run a remsh command to invoke a script on a remote server that queries a database, writes a file and FTP's it back to the invoking server.

Recently, after an audit, we were required to turn off remote services so the remsh doesn't work any more.

I was looking at trying to do something similar via ssh, but am having troubles making it work.

Are there other options available to me here? I just can't think of any other way around it at the moment.

Anyone able to offer any suggestions here?

Thanks.

Oh, further information (apart from the title saying SSD instead of SSH....):

Initiating server is a Superdome running HP-UX 11.11
The server we're remoting to is a K-570 running HP-UX 10.20.

we had a similar situation. We finally decided to ftp the script to the server. The server has a cron job looking every 10 minutes to see if a script was received. Then it copies it to an executable file, and runs it. Pretty crude but it works great.

Yeah was thinking about something like that. Maybe I'll just go that way :)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back