Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing phone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montero84

Technical User
Jul 17, 2008
US
Hello!

I need to replace a bad phone in an IPO system. I was searching some information and in some post I read that I need to shutdown the system in order to replace it. is that truth? what is the correct procedure to replace the phone and keep the same extension number? Thanks in advance!

??

Did you take a course?

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

LOL. Unless the port was bad you do not need to reboot the pbx. Just plug in another phone and everything will work the same. FYI no programming is kept on the phone, it all comes from the system (if it is a digital phone).

Bas1234... no I haven't take a course about IPO. It's the first time I am trying to help out with an IPO, my experience is with Avaya CM.

4vayaMan... ok, I replace the phone with a new one.. so I understand the phone will get the same extension number because all settings comes from the port it's connected to.. right?

Thanks again!

More info is needed to get a good answer.

Analog, Digital or IP

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

you should really donate that $150 of labor to tek-tips Montero...

ACS - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony Implement
CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate
MCP - Microsoft Certified Professional

I like stars

AVAYAPro... no kidding.. :) I really like to work with Avaya CM but I can see I need to get more involve with the IPO systems. I should start to look for some courses about this system.

Thanks everyone for all of your help!

In the future the IPO will be more and more connected to the CM. And when you know the CM then your half way on the IPO.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

In CM you would replace the phone and keep the same extension just like IPO. No need to export the station simply to change the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back