Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing IE with Firefox in VBA code 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMCONNOR

Technical User
Feb 16, 2006
US
When my group switched to IE7, certain web page graphics that were available in IE6 (and Firefox) are only showing up as placeholders now. I have searched and searched and can't find a way to turn these graphics on. Some graphics are still there, so graphics are not blocked. I'm accessing IE through VBA in MS Access and have decided that it may be better to switch to Firefox. My problem is that I'm not sure what the equivalent code may be to substitute for the following:

strURL = "Set ie = CreateObject("internetexplorer.application")
With ie
.Navigate strURL
.MenuBar = 0
.StatusBar = 0
.Toolbar = 0
.Left = 1
.Top = 1
.Height = 1
.Width = 1
.Visible = True
.Silent = True
Do While ie.ReadyState <> 4
DoEvents
Loop
With .Document.body
readHTML = .innerhtml
readTEXT = .innertext
End With
End With

I'm guessing that most of this will be the same, but I've so far been unable to create the Firefox object. I have scanned the list of References in Access and there are none for Mozilla or Firefox. Am I out of luck with Firefox?
Thanks.

Great piece of code. Have a gold star.

I used this code in a loop to pull-in TV schedules for 14 days, only needed one browser instance. However I can't see how to turn exit the browser.

Is it .Close by any chance?

there is a tide in the affairs of man that you Canute ignore.................

that dun it. Ta

Obvious really - used it on Word or Excel before.

When you hit the File manu the word Quit is not there. Consistency? Nah, just MS.

there is a tide in the affairs of man that you Cnut ignore.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back