Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing Component in MTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

777Ziggorat

Programmer
Jul 21, 2003
GB
Hi, basically I'm working on a server thats running WIN 4.0 and IIS 4.0.

I'm running a webclass and need to replace a dll for the webclass , which is placed inside of an MTS package.

Originally I unfortunitely registered the same DLL with 2 different CLSID's, but then cleared up the registery succesfully of all traces of that DLL.

Now however everytime I want to replace the DLL, irrespective of whether binary compatibility has changed, I am unable to do so.

Firstly, I shutdown the MTS component the DLL is in, then I unload the IIS virtual application, hosting the IIS site.

I am still not however able to even remove the DLL from the MTS component OR replace it with a new DLL (even after unregistering it. I have to actually restart the server, even after I stop the MTS and IIS services.

After I have done this, I still have trouble adding the DLL back into the MTS package. I use the 'drag and drop' method to put it inside the MTS package, but this doesn't always work. Literally the first time I try I get an error (eventhough it still writes to the registery), but then when I try again it works.

Anyone have any idea as to why .

1. The dll cannot be replaced other than by restarting the server ?

2. I get problems trying to add the DLL to MTS, even though there exists no data in the registery for that component ?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back