Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing bum with ipo500

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEastTech

Vendor
Jul 7, 2004
US
Hello all,
I am a nortel tech with limited IPO exposure. Replacing a bcm400. Re-using 1140 ip sets, a handful of m and t series Norstar and Norstar digital mobility 320 with a handful of wireless sets. Customer has static ip LAN. If I reuse the old assigned ip addresses for the IPO will the 1140's restore? If not, how do I register the 1140sets? Also do I have to change to Norstar basic for the m/t series sets to operate? When I go to basic Norstar, the vim and pri are not recognized?

Hey Ginger,

The 1140E's will need to be converted to SIP firmware. See the following link on how to convert the phones.

Then I wish I could help you with the 2nd part. I have currently made contact with a SIP 1120E to my IP Office 8.1, but I cannot get past the Login screen. I know there is hope, there is probably one thing off, but I can't figure it out. I have a tech helping me Tuesday. I will display my results once this gets solved.

Don't throw away your phones though! You can always slowly migrate to the new Avaya sets. The Nortel digital sets are a breeze to get working on the IPO.

"Keep the Peace, Use RLS"

You better have some training in advance.
This forum is NOT a training site, go to spend some bucks and become a pro.
If you are not intending to sell and install IPO beside this one site then contact a reseller to help you out.
We also make a living selling and implementing IP Office and we also got trained before installing, not a small investment to give it away here.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back