Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing AMD Turion X2 RM-72 with AMD Turion X2 TL-60

Status
Not open for further replies.

fj80alex

Technical User
Apr 20, 2008
US
Hi - I have HP Pavilion DV7-1245dx with AMD motherboard. After booting to windows (Win 7 Ultimate) in about 5 minutes it shuts down. I took it apart and cleaned the fan, grid and reapplied compound to eliminate an overheating issue. Before cleaning CPU temperature was 67C and after cleaning it is 47C. I would like to test to see if the processor would cause the issue. I don't have another AMD RM-72, but I do have AMD TL-60 processor. Besides the processor, what other components can cause it to shut down. All the suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

They are different versions of the S1 socket, and have some different properties. Well it's most likely a problem with the system board. Even though 67c is rather hot, the cpu is thermally protected.

Thank you, the problem was not a processor or system board. Brand new battery (not Genuine) was causing the laptop to shut down after about 5 or 10 minutes being turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back