Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing a frameset with another page

Status
Not open for further replies.

branko

Programmer
Mar 19, 2002
SI
This will be a bit complicated to explain, but here it goes.

I have a page with 2 frames; one is called "code" and has all my JavaScript code and has size 0.
The other one, "main", is large and displays the text "loading..." while all the code loads.
After all the code has been loaded a new page is loaded in the main frame. This page itself again consists of several frames.

Now this works all fine, no problems.
At the end, the user can click an order button and then I dynamically write a new page -with a form- to the "main" frame.
The page has a submit button and calls an asp page. This page returns some response and the user can close the window.
just like my previous problem ( Everything is o.k. just not at IE5 and lower.
The response from the server does not come, an hourglass just shows after submit.
I know that the asp page is called, because certain actions there take place.

My guess is that the problem lies in the fact that the "order" button, that calls a function that dynamically creates the new page, is in a page/frame that is gone when the new page is written.
But I am not sure.
I also don't know why IE 5.5 and 6 behave differently. My code works there.

I hope I made my problem a bit clear, if not I can always send extra info.

Does anybody have a clue what could be going on?

Thanks,

Branko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back