Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing a 617A56 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTG_IT_AV TECH

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2021
US
Greetings all, Have a 617A56 board that is causing a humming sound across ext on that board. Tried moving extension to isolate, moved board to another port and all troubleshooting leads to bad board. Ordered a replacement 617A56. Before I break anything further, I don’t recall if I can just swap out or if I need to do a backup and restore of the system….

On the photo its the first Extension card on the left, to the right of the processor, 016 ETH 617A56.

1. Can I simply shut down system and swap out board?
2. Do I need ( can I ) to do a backup and restore?

Thank you in advance!
PS: if anything further is required, happy to venmo, paypal etc payment for live assistance.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=6ef74fa9-a430-4246-af16-f445c86c3765&file=D304E7FD-8A15-411E-BC84-F5ED5CEE05DC.jpeg
If it is a replacement you can just swap it out.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

@budbyrd. Thank you for your quick response. That should make things easier.
I'll let you know how it goes!

Since it's a MAGIX, you may be able to just BUSY IT OUT and REPLACE IT, then do a RESTORE.

Just don't move any MODULES from one slot to another.

But, considering I'm a bit late coming to the party, you're probably already done with this project.

@budbryd Everything worked exactly as you said. You made me look like a rockstar and I walked in there with confidence.
Removed the cassette, replaced the internal extension board(toolless) and popped it back in, and turned the system on and all settings were retained and no more buzzing on the extensions. Thank you for your help!

@merlinman Thank you for responding. All worked out.

Not a problem. In my opinion the only stupid question is one you already know the answer to...[smile]

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back