Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing a 3700 Workstation that was a Hub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyHatEnt.

Vendor
Aug 24, 2018
US
Hello we have one Micros 3700 terminal that always restarts, freezes up, etc. I ordered another Micros 3700 workstation and replaced it and put in the IP and run the cal. However the old workstation seems to be a printer hub? When the old workstation is offline nothing will print in our kitchen, etc. Seems like everything halts when this workstation is down. So when I put in the new workstation, it works, etc except it still acts like it's offline because the printer operations wont come back online, however it will take CC's and start tabs, etc. But None of the other workstations will print to the kitchen.

Is there something I'm missing when replacing a Micros 3700 workstation that's a printer hub per say? Thank you so much.

whole the operation printing should comes from Micros server, so you should check the printing service on your server first

Good Morning,

Are your printers TCIP/IP interfaced? There is a setting in POS Configurator --> Devices tab --> Devices. Click on the device and there should be a "Network Node" setting. The workstation assigned to Network Node will control the printing for that device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back