Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacing a 3.6 hard drive with a 3.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

subjectdog

Programmer
Dec 26, 2007
Is it possible to replace a crashed 3.6 hard drive with a new 3.7 hard drive on a bcm 400? I would say no but my vendor is telling me that it's perfectly fine.

Thanks in advance

Yep you can. Once you swap the hard drive you will need to map it to the MSC card again.

You will loose all your voicemail etc and you will have to rebuild anything thats based on HD storage such as IP sets, networking etc. Backups from one version can't be restored to another but the MSC card data will migrate accordingly.

is there anyway to do this without having to reprogram the system from scratch? obviously i wont have a backup for the 3.7 so am i stuck reprogramming. I've had to reprogram after previous hard drive replacement.

thanks in advance

all telephony programming on the MSC will remain, it's just the voicemail/AA/CCR that would need to be reprogrammed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back