Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

replacing 2250 with 3905

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trason806

Technical User
Sep 18, 2009
US
My boss wants to replace our 4 2250 operators consoles with 3905 call center phones. I have advised that this would not be ideal and there would be a loss of functionality. I know about things like DND lists, barge-in, and trunk group busy. I know some about the source and destination and each can be released separately. I think this would be a bad choice and i am needing info to make a better argument to keep the 2250s. What other things are console only? Oh we are a hospital and the operators are 24/7.

I would get a 2250 user guide and look through it and see what all features they you use. Probably a real bad idea.

1. Wake up Calls
2. Message Waiting
3. Placing calls on hold to answer other calls when there is only 1 operator. This won't happen with ACD
4. Recalls
5. DND
6. Night Service, may not be applicable since you are 24x7
7. Barge In

Just have to add, I worked at a hospital that used the original Q series SL-1 consoles and a few years ago I believe they upgraded to the M2250s at Community Hospital in Munster, IN. The M2250 consoles are rock solid and will perform WAY more functions than a conventional ACD telephone. Although I will mention, I visited a hotel running a CS1000 with 1100 series IP Phones, and somehow they were able to Mimic most functions of the M2250 console using 1140E IP Phones with KEMs. Like an M2250, The phones even buzzed constantly until a call was picked up. I don't know how they did it, but they were able to toggle between calls just like on the M2250.

KCFLHRC is your resident Nortel expert here, don't trust me.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

Look for a document called "Central Answering Position" which describes what you are trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back