Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacement I2004 can't find server

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb8wbn

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2003
US
Hav an older I2004 (with external power) that works fine. Replacing it with the newer version that uses inline power, the phone can't find the server. All programming looks OK. Plug the older set in and all is OK.

The top jack is for the network, I am using it.

OK Are you using FULL or PARTIAL DHCP?
Do you have a link light on the switch in the closet for the port that the phone is attached to?
You confirmed ALL the IP settings? S1/S2, Ports, etc?

--
Fletch
Visit the Nortel Technical Support Portal at:

It may be a firmware issue with your ITG card.
This sort of thing happen to me several months ago and once we updated to the latest version of the firmware things were fine.
Wyles

All of the IP settings match the settings in the older set. We do get a link light. We are using partial DHCP. Will check the firmware on the card.

This phone is brand new. Mfg 6/29/2004

Have you checked the Vlan setting?
I had the same problem, when I set Vlan to No it could connect again.

Thanks all. Here is the response from Nortel: The newer phones (Phase 2) must have firmware in the line side ITG card of at least 3.02 Our card has 2.52...time for an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back