Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacement for TT9040 series

Status
Not open for further replies.

PartnerACS60

Technical User
Jun 26, 2006
US
While on the phone with Avaya today, they mentioned that a new Transtalk is in the works. Will be a wireless 6 line model. Has anyone heard about this?

I haven't seen any mention of a new Transtalk on any of the tech support boards that I participate in. The only new thing being discussed is the Partner ACS R8.

It would be great if Avaya released a full featured Transtalk to replace the 9040.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

Wouldn't a 3910 with more programmable lighted buttons do the trick?

I think I saw something about that...

Based on some of the posts I've read, the 3910 doesn't have much range and supports only (2?) lines. Engenius phones are sometimes used as a substitute for the 9040.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

It would be fantastic if they manufactured new Transtalks. Many of my clients opt for the Panasonic systems because the 3910's are hideous and feature-defficient. I actually installed a Partner in a residence once, the two 3910s performed so poorly, I took the entire Partner out and replaced it with a Panasonic. The downside of the Panasonic cordless units are they can be somewhat overwhelming. The Engenius sets perform well, but a fair amount of my clients also stress aesthetics.

I'm definitely with Dex, if a viable Transtalk telephone was introduced, it would be a great thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back