Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replacement for Option Cabinet 10baset cable NTDK27

Status
Not open for further replies.

vectrexer

Technical User
Sep 17, 2002
US
Some time ago Nortel put out a bulletin notifying everyone of the replacement componet for the NTDK27 cable. I had the bulletin at one time but have lost it.

The new new component was supposed to to replace the cable and AUI adapter with an all-in-on device that plugged in the IP expansion 10BaseT port connector on the backplane. This connector provides the ELAN connectivity for the SSC card when it is in the Option 11 cabinet.

As I remember it was actually made by/licensed from a third party company in Texas.

Anyone remeber what this device is and where to get it? If Nortel sells it I would like to know the part number.

I think this is it:

11C/1000M Cabinet Tranceiver
Part No: NTBK69AAE5
Oder Code: NO134818

That is exacly it. Thanks. Having the part number also enabled me to lookup the associated bulletin.

It looks the the device is made by Mertek( But you have to buy the item via Nortel.

Here is the associated Nortel Bulletin and link to the Nortel site. Below is the bulleting information.

Type: Product Bulletin
Bulletin Number: P-2007-0239-Americas
Type: Product Bulletin
Date: September 10, 2007
Title: Cabinet Transceiver Device and Cabinet/Chassis/Gateway T1 Device

Link to the Bulletin information:

Alternate link to the Bulletin itself if you are a Nortel partner (requires Nortel site PIC login):

More details from the bulletin:

Current Product: NTDK27AA (the old Cable)
Order Code: A0543775 (the old Cable)

New Product: NTBK69AAE5
Order Code: N0134818
Description: 11C / 1000M Cabinet Transceiver

Availability: Available November 2007

Description:
The NTBK69AAE5 11C / 1000M Cabinet Transceiver is a replacement to the NTDK27 Ethernet Adapter Cable currently used on the 11C Cabinet. The NTDK27 consist of a cable assembly and a separate transceiver that is connected to the Option 11-11C for Ethernet connectivity.

The new NTBK69AAE5 is a Transceiver that was designed for the Nortel 11C / 1000M Cabinet. This Transceiver has no cable assembly and connects directly to the Ethernet connector on the cabinet. The RJ45 connector provides connection to the Ethernet network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back