Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

replaced M2250 with 2616 & CAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

meridian911

Programmer
Jul 4, 2004
US
This customer has 5 seperate internal business that answer different DID's routed by IDC to the different 2616's except for the one M2250 that answers the Main number. The customer decided that they wanted to see some of the extentions status. I check on the price on a BLF add on for the m2250 and i was pricey so i put in a 2616 with 2 add-ons. I moved the calls in the IDC table to the new extension. I outed the m2250 and put the main LDN on key 0 of the 2616 and made an ACD for Dialed digit 0 and nfwd to key 0 of 2616. All incoming call worked perfectly. Now I get the the Trouble......

The incoming calls to all of the DID's (200 total numbers)
when called from any local provider recieved a disc recording from the local carrier. I turned on the MSGO & MSGI for the D-Channel and I could see where my PBX was telling the Carrier "unassigned number" on the D-channel.
It didn't matter the DID that I called(even the switch room 2616) all were disc recordings. I rebuild the M2250 and all was back in business. I disabled the the M2250 and unplugged it, NFWD'd it to the 2616 and all is still ok. I have accomplished what my goal was but I want to recover those TN's on the console.

hope I explained everything with enough detail. let me know if you need more information?

thanks in advance for the help.

What is in NIT1 in your CDB? Since you don't have any attendant consoles any more, your system is in NITES all the time. You may wan to change NIT1 to the main number on the 2616.

look at your idc tables. make sure the night idc now has to be the same number as the day.. put a number back in as a ldn.. without as ldn did will not work, the switch sees that as the expected dn length.. it can be any vacant dn, as long as it is the same number of digits

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

thank you. I thought it was something simple. so the LDN is what the switch looks at for the expected number lengh of the DID's so with out them it was looking at the 10 it recieved and had no match. The nite IDC is fine so I will try the LDN.

Thank you

Without an attendant console built on the PBX, your system is in NITE mode all the time so you only need to work on the NITE IDC and I would check to see what NIT1 is set too also.

it's not looking for the 10 but it's looking at the length of the ldn.. my ldn is 8000, which is an unused and useless did, because it is 4 digits long the switch looks at the did's for 4 digits inbound.. so my did's work. nit_data is important for non did trunks because the atdn can change at night.. and your in night without a 2250. for the nit switch to affect did operation you need a unique idc table for night as opposed to days.. mine match because i have 2250's taking calls 23:45 a day. during the night 15 minutes the console goes to another site viop.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back