Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replaced HD in RAID now server Blue screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

prougeau

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2009
We have a windows 2003 server with 5 hard drives (HP Proliant ML530). The d (data) drive is mirrored between two hard drives and the C drive has 3 hard drives configured in a RAID 5... 2 of the drives failed in the RAID 5 so I realize the data is gone. I purchased 2 identical hard drives to replace the broken ones. I installed them and all the 5 lights are green on the HD's and the system recognizes them. I kept the box running just to see if there were going to be more issues arising. Then today I recieved the blue screen error :blue screen irql_not_less_or_equal. A few Articles are saying it could be bad RAM or the Prosessor heating up. I am looking for suggestions because the hard drives failed within a day of each other.
thankfully we have a failover backup system and production continues becuase everyone is running off a vm that is updated constantly so I just need to get the box ready for a bare metal or differential restore. But I don't want to use this box if it is just going to fail again.

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)
Source: aumha.org

Troubleshooting “Stop 0x0A” Messages in Windows

How to Use Driver Verifier to Troubleshoot Windows Drivers

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

Running Diagnostic Software Tools

run the HP tools against your hardware. We used to have issues with the hard drive backplane. It would make serveral drives look like they had gone bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back