Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replace of defect Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

skorpion11

Technical User
Feb 22, 2005
GB
Hallo,

we have Netbackup 4.5 FP3 on Solaris with one Master and 8 Media - Servers connected over Brocade - SAN Switches. We have changed one defect drive against a new one. My question is, what steps need to be done in the configuration?

I have changed the WWN in the ez-fibre - config - file. Rebooted the master - server. Then i have deleted the drive in the Menue devices from all Master/Media - Servers. Restarted the services, then i tried to add the the new drive as a new shared device under the same name of the old drive, but it will be refused for all servers because the drive name/path is already in use.

Thanx

regards

What you have created essentially, is a 'ghost' drive. This happens when you have removed the physical drive from the library, before removing it from the NBU configuration. I ran into this same issue myself, and have the needed steps documented.

I can send them to you in an email, and explain more if needed. Just let me know.

Thanks,
Bob

Hallo Bob,

thank you for your tip, it is the problem that we are faceing, we have removed the drive before removing it from the NBU - configuration. It would be great if you can send me more informations about solving the problem. My email is ab-trade@gmx.de

Thanx

Regards

Bob,
Would you please consider entering the info as a FAQ on this website?

Bob Stump
Incorrigible punster -- Do not incorrige

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back