Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replace IP with Digital Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

paramjotsingh

Technical User
Sep 22, 2015
CA
We have BCM400 and its going to its fullest capacity. As somebody recooemnd replacing IP phones with digital handsets will shred the load on BCM. But The problem is when I hooked the phone and change the extensions the ring always goes to IP phone.

IP Phone Details

DN: 277

Digital Phone

DN: 230

Now I swapped the DNs from BEM and copied all the settings to Digital phone. I changed IP phone DN to 230 and Digital to 277. And its showing correct on BEM. But when I dial the extension 277 from external number it rings on IP still, but I can make outgoing call through digital handset.

Check the target line for extn 277
Assign it to extn 230

Test buy doing feature*0 at the phone to check the extn number.

I already checked that on the digital phone it shows DN 277. Target Line 250 shows assigned DN as 277. Still its not riniging.

You changed the main DN (B1), I would also change the B2 DN on these I know it effects the way voice mail acts.

I would also de-register the IP phone and then re-register it again with the new DN number.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back