Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replace Core Card on Nortel CS1000M

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyjp123

Technical User
May 2, 2013
US
Hello all I have a bad RMD on my active core so I'm not getting any backups to it. I'm still learning so I know I have to do a cutovr in ld135 to the active is now on the inactive then do a split. but not sure what to do next or loads to go into any help would be great thanks

You should be able to replace the RMD without splitting the cores. It's just an SD RAM card that inserts in the face of the card. If you are worried about working on the active core then you could do a swap but it's not necessary. Just pop it out and put a new one in to see if it will work.
Always a good idea to discharge yourself by touching the metal of the cabinet before touching the card.

If you really need to replace the card then there is a procedure in the NTP NN43021-700 Large System Maintenance. You will need to install the software on the card after you replace it. Might be a little more than you need or want to get into if you haven't had some experience.

The actual drive slot is bad? Or the CF Card is bad? But to answer your question, you issue the split command first, let the inactive side reboot, then issue the CUTOVR command. The you can work on the inactive side.

If RMD is faulty
No worry , the RMD on the faceplate can removed every time.
Nothing happens .
Set in in spare rmd test it over ovl 43 edd command.
Thats it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back