Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replace allready linked table

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrjhano

Technical User
May 9, 2000
SE
I use QueryDefs to retreive an address table from backend. To avoid time delays I reconstruct a table with the same contents in frontend and then change the content of a linked table when there is a need to refresh addresses in my frontend. This works fine.

However, I would like to change the vissible columns in my remote query to change the linked table in frontend. In principle this should work if I could temporarely resolve my frontend query links to the old table to allow it to be dropped. I use following code to finish the current form and the associated query table:

DoCmd.Close acForm, "wisdselect", acSaveYes 'Close wisdselect and reopen - to update the list
CurrentDb.Close
DoCmd.RunMacro "Dropactrep"

The fashinating thing is that the macro refuse to drop the tables when the program pointer is active on this program row. When I manually quit the form the macro executes just as I want. My conclusion is that some mysterious references remains after I closed the form and also the current.db.

Anybody who have an idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back