Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replace a metric in reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrdev1

Programmer
Sep 8, 2005
US
Hi,

I need to replace a certain metric in several hundred reports. Is there a quick and easy way to do that?

thanks, mstrdev1

do u want to replace it with a different one?
if the other metric is also defined over the same set of source fact tables as of the original one... then you can modify change the definition of the metric (to reflect new definition).
this will reflect in all the reports since each one uses the same metric object.

if the both the metrics are not related to each other.. you better create a new one and take the pain of modifying each report.

Essentially what happens is that I have two metrics that are the same but in diffent folders. Each of them is inserted in hundreds of reports. I need to replace one with the other

You can make one metric with the definition of 0+the_other_metric. Maybe it kinda solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back