Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repetitive Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciclope1

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2002
AR
Hi:
We have the following problem.
Some users receive the same mail several times but the sender only send it once.
Thanks

More info please?

sent directly to user?
sent to a DL?
same users & same senders?
client software?
Service Pack level?
type of connection?

Have you looked at the headers of the affected messages to get some information on the route the messages take. It would be useful to see 3 headers from the affected messages posted up here

sent directly to user = YES
sent to a DL = NO
same users & same senders = No same users and no same senders.
client software = Outlook 97 over W2000 SP2
Service Pack level = Exchange SP4
type of connection = LAN

I have looked the headers of the affected messages at the IMC, but i don´t know how to get some information on the route the messages take.

Thanks
Rodrigo

Rodrigo
To look at the routing info you need to view the headers of the message not the IMC header. If I remember correctly in OL97 you select the message then go File|Properties and details and you will see the last SMTP\POP3 server information, They should be identical across all the affected messages (apart from times maybe).
The type of connection I meant was from Exchange server to Internet\ISP, I am guessing you are using an ISP.
It would also be useful to turn on\up the logging for the IMC temporarily to get more info about what is happening on message retrieval and SMTP events.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back