Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

repeating reminder alarms stop working

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollyV

Technical User
Aug 1, 2002
US
My repeating reminder alarm in my calendar work for a few weeks and then simply stop. I've tried various fixes, refreshing my template, checking my .ini file to make sure alarms are enabled, etc., yet it keeps happening. Any ideas? thanks, Holly

We experience this problem from time to time and couldn't find any cause for this behaviour yet. What generally helps: got to Tools --> Preferences --> Calendar --> Alarms and uncheck the 'enable alarms'-box. Then check the box again and say OK. In 9 of 10 cases the system will instantly send you a bunch of reminders for all the dates that you have missed since the day the function ceased to work. After that it works again.
Hope this helps :)

I've done a fix, which may or may not help-I have to wait and see. We have 2 servers and found an error message in our Notes log that said my ACL's did not match and the servers could not replicate. I matched up the ACL's and everything sync'ed up--mail, calendar, etc. I re-entered my ongoing reminders, and so far, so good. If you have 2 servers, you may want to check that out. Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back