Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repeating Data on Next page

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindUp

Programmer
Mar 6, 2003
US
I have a Report that I've invested a lot of time in, and it's not working correctly [cry]. It has two Groups, each with about 16 sections (GroupHeader1a, GH1b...GH1q), the second one has six sub-reports in the last six sections.

The problem is that it sometimes repeats data on the next page. If it has printed GH1a thru GH1f and hits the bottom of the page, sometimes it will repeat that data on the next page continuing on (GH1a thru GH1n for example, with the rest on still the next page.)

I've copied the SQL Statement from "Show SQL Query" and pasted it into Enterprise Manager, and the resulting recordset is correct (so I know there is nothing wrong with the SQL string, or duplicated data in the DB.)

I've also tried every setting of "Keep Together", "Keep Object Together", "Close Border on page Break", and "Can Grow"... that makes any sense to try.

Any advice?

Thank you.

Good Luck! [thumbsup2]
WindUp

Can you please be spcific about which section is duplicating data?

If it's a subreport, perhaps it's the way that it's joined or filtered.

And is the repetitive data a set of records duplicated, or that you're getting each row row twice, or?

You have a lot going on in that report, to diagnose it I'd try suppressing sections to determine where the duplication is originating.

I don't know of any CR bugs wherein CR fabriacte data a second time.

-k

>Can you please be spcific about which section is
>duplicating data?

Appears it could be any section. It goes to a point, hits the bottom of the page, then repeats that same data (starting from GroupHeader1a) starting at the top of the next page.

I tried exporting to Word, and it duplicates the same way. It seems to (sometimes) start over when it hits the bottom of the page.

Good Luck! [thumbsup2]
WindUp

Do you have the "repeat group header on each page" box checked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back