Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repeating a header 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcreed1

Technical User
May 20, 2004
US
In a report that I had created it displays the results of a query. We will say the columns are: Unit,Depart area, flight number, and destination. The query places this information sorted in the order I want. The problem is when the report is made it displays the titles for the columns at the top of each page but I would like them to display between each diferrent flight number. This is needed because several units (personnel from different Army units) may be on the same flight. Therefore some flights have several lines of information and they all tend to blend together. If I could place the header between each different flight number it would be easier to distinguish between the different information. If you can not repeat the header can you add a blank space? Please realize I am dealing with approx. 600 or more different flight numbers.

rcreed1
What happens if you have the flight number as one of your groups, and then put the header information you want in the flight number group header?

Tom

Thanks for your reply but I don't think that would work. I will try. This may be a better description...

Some flight number only appear once, some may appear 10 times. If the heading was part of the flight number then it would appear before each flight.

Well say on my report I have 100 rows of data. I am trying to group those rows by flight number with the heading going across the entire row of data. Some flight numbers only have one row some may have 20 rows. I can sort them in ascending order so like flight numbers are together. How would I put the report heading between each unique flight number?

I stand corrected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read your reply but was not able to try it out at that time. I have tried it and it worked great. Sorry for doubting your suggestion, It was easier than I thought.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back