Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repeated tables on every page

Status
Not open for further replies.

CognosTalk

Technical User
Apr 24, 2007
CA
I came across problem with displaying info. I have a table which is just a table on the page, prior top the list query. in this table i display parameter imputes for the report. The problem is that this table appears on every page, and i only need to display it ones at the report header. There is a setting in the table properties, pagination, repeats table rows on a page break, which is unchecked, so everything should be ok, but it is not happening. Maybe there is another setting?
Thank you in advance for your respond,

When you define a "Text Item" and a "List" on a "Page", the "Text Item" will repeat itself on all the occurences of the "Page".

I have a solution but only with Cognos 8 Report Studio. The idea is to insert your "Text Item" into the "Overall header".

Step 1: Add an "Overall header" (object "List header") to your list.

Step 2: Unlock the structure of the page, then put your text into the "Overall header".

Step 4: Go to the object "List header" and untick its property "Repeat every page".

By default, the "Overall header" is under the columns header. You have no choice but recreate your columns header in the "List header". Do you need me to explain this part?

Thank you for the respond, but this is not a list, it is a regular table and not a part of the list. i grad and drop text items and parameters there. Maybe there is a solution for this?

I'm not sure I understand why you have several pages. Report Studio generates several pages when a list or a crosstab gives too many results.

If there is no list, nor crosstab in your report, then I do not understand your problem.

If there is list in your report, the only way to display you table only once is to insert your table in the "Overall header" of this list (by unlocking the structure) and to untick the property "Repeat every page".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back