Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repeated Entries - Fields that can be entered

Status
Not open for further replies.

wally2321

Technical User
May 30, 2001
US
Help! I need to be able to have a form that can be filtered and then display multiple entries. What is the best way to do that.

I have a form called Implementation which calls table Data Table. I want the data in the table to display multiple times in a form format (all on the same page), but based on a filter.

What is the best way to do this!!

HELP!!
Steve

So you want multiple views of the same table, filtered differently, on the same form?

How many fields in the table? How many times do you want it to display? What format (datasheet, continous, form view)?

There a couple of approaches that come to mind right off, but the answers to the above questions make a difference.

I want one table where I filter to display all open records in a form view. I then want to be able to change the data that is displayed in the list.

Any items?

I want it displayed as many times as there are open records. And it should be displayed in a form view.

Steve

OK, when you say 'open records' are you referring to a field in a table that indicates is a record is open, like a service call that has not been completed? If that is the case, what type of field is it?

It is a yes/no field. So basically I want to sort by that field and only display the yes records.

Thanks for the help!
Steve

In the design view of your form, make sure "Allow Filters" is set to yes, and the filter says:

[Your Field Name] = -1

Sorry a couple of more questions. I set the "Allow Filers" field to yes. I set this in the properties of the command icon. Is this the right spot? Additionally, where do I set [Your Field Name]=-1?

Sorry but one more question. I want to be able to display more than one record in the form. Sorry for being so stupid, but how do I do that?

Thanks for the help!
Steve

It goes in the "Filter" property. If you want to be able to display more than one record at a time on the form then you should consider a datasheet or continous form design. If you want a 'form view' then you can use the record navigation records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back