Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repeated clicks on linkbutton cause invalid postback

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobwysocki

Programmer
Mar 10, 2010
US
Hello,

I've been searching to no avail on the web to find a solution to this problem. Hopefully someone here can help.

I have a aspx content page that has a single LinkButton. The master page also has a handful of links, and ScriptManager calls to load some JavaScript libraries such as jQuery.

In Firefox, if I rapidly keep clicking on the linkbutton .NET will come up with an "Invalid postback or callback argument" error. This error does not seem to happen when I test in IE8. Normal single clicks on the linkbutton work great, but it's when I click on the button repeatedly while the page is in the process of posting back that I run into trouble.

I'd appreciate any help you can give. Thanks!

Would anyone really click the link button multiple times? If that is an issue, then disable the button (with JS) when it is clicked so this won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back