Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repeat the Report Header after Page Header / Details ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zandy12

Technical User
Jun 1, 2023
US
In MS Office, I built a report where Report Header has my company header, address info, account numbers, etc. and also the customer information (their address, contract number, POC, etc.) the header takes up about 4.5 inches then it begins the details of that customer orders sorted by date.

I suppressed the Report Header on page 2 so that details continue for that customers records. This has a Page Header showing only some of the customer information and their records continued from page 1 (so page header is only about an inch.)

I added a group footer and forced a page break after each group (Customer), so that the next customer is forced on a new page. So for example Customer1 ends up having 4 pages of records. Then the next Custumer2 begins on page 5. This works fine except it only shows the page header on page 5. I want to force the Report Header to display on page 5 and there after with each new customer (after the forced page break) and to return to the Page Header on page 6.

I have over 600 customers so I don't want to create 600 reports.

Is this possible?

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=22f8a1af-d110-424f-b156-c93479d51bd7&file=Untitled.png
The Report Header section only renders once on the first page. If you want the information to repeat for each customer, move the controls to the Customer header.

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back